The largest school at the time of construction under the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme involved an extensive enabling works package to allow the current students to move into a 2 storey and 4 storey temporary teaching accommodation block on the existing playground at the school. Following completion of these works Constructicon were instructed to undertake the main groundworks package including the 5000m3 + reduce level excavation and importation of recycled granular material to form the piling matt during the main construction phase. Following the completion of the new school development and the demolition of the existing school, Constructicon undertook the task of forming netball pitches, soft and hard landscaping areas cycle shelters and other recreational areas.
Scope of works
- Enabling works comprising of infrastructure of two storey and four storey temporary classroom accommodation.
- Reduce level excavation and removal off-site to a licensed tip of 5000+m3 and the subsequent Importation of granular material to form a suitable piling matt.
- Over 1000m3 of concrete installed to foundations
- Installation of gas membrane to ground floor slab to independent verifier acceptance.
- Installation of concrete to ground floor slab.
- Formation of recreational areas such as netball pitches.