Constructicon were appointed to undertake the enabling works at the Bridge Hall School project in Stockport as part of the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme. A fast track programme that was required prior to the possession of the school playing fields to allow the construction of the school. Restricted delivery times, CRB cleared operatives and construction ambassador contributions to the school were just some of the particulars required on the project in addition to dealing with heavily contaminated land.
Scope of works
- Reduce level excavation and disposal of hazardous material to licensed tip.
- Infrastructure works associated with temporary classrooms.
- Excavation and backfilling of attenuation tank.
- Installation of external muga pitches, netball courts and playground area.
- New pathways and hardstanding’s for logistical routes for users of the school.