Constructicon were contracted to undertake full groundworks package by Integrated Health Projects which is a joint venture between Sir Robert McAlpine and Vinci Construction UK Ltd. The 17,000 sq ft extension has been built on a staff car park and is directly linked to the existing four-storey hospital building. The new integrated acute medical unit accommodates a total of 73 beds.
Scope of works
- Excavation and installation of concrete foundations including the cropping of over 100 piles and fixing of over 21t of steel.
- Installation of gas membrane to manufacturer and local building authority’s acceptance.
- Connection to the existing drainage system, whilst live, in 5nr locations ranging from saddle connections to 525mm concrete pipe to the construction of new manholes on existing lines.
- Procurement and installation of surface water and foul water pumping stations including associated rising mains.
- Formwork, steel-fixing and concreting of retaining walls, generator plinths and ancillary slabs.
- Installation of reinforcement and concrete to the 1100m2 ground floor slab.