Constructicon were appointed by Vinci Construction UK Ltd to undertake the groundworks package on the redevelopment of Warrington town centre which consisted of the following developments;
- Cinema – Construction of a new 2500 seat 13 screen cinema complex for Cineworld with retail/restaurant units below at ground and mezzanine level, with service yard and carpark to the rear.
- Council office block – A new 100,000 ft2, four storey office block comprising shell/core construction with both Category ‘A’ and ‘B’ fit-out works.
- Market Hall – Construction of a new permanent market hall with basement storage area, inclusive of service tunnel, ground floor and mezzanine retail space to provide circa 50,000 ft2 of lettable retail space.
- Infrastructure – Site wide infrastructure works including the construction of a new primary substation and the provision for both new and the diversion of existing utility services, new foul and surface water drainage.
- Public Realm – Creation of a high-class public realm comprising hard/soft architectural works.
Scope of works
- Excavation and installation of concrete foundations including the cropping of over 1000 piles and fixing of over 300t of steel.
- Installation of attenuation tanks, Aqua Spira units, bypass separators and Klargester interceptors in addition to over 1,000 metres of drainage.
- Supply and install of over 3,000 metres of ducting and associated inspection chambers.
- Procurement and installation of surface water and foul water pumping stations, to a depth in excess of 5 metres, including associated rising mains.
- Formwork, steelfixing and concreting of retaining walls, staircases, cycle stands, service yards, floors slabs and feature planters.
- Installation of granite, york stone and pre-cast concrete paviours including all step units.
- Drainage connection’s made in various situations such as live carriageways and existing culverts located within the high street.