Constructicon were chosen to undertake the groundworks package on the construction of a new 90,000 sq ft building for production and related support activities including a 30,000 sq ft stage, more than 6,000 sq ft of offices and green rooms, 10,000 sq ft for set construction workshops and a further 40,000 sq ft of business units for the TV production supply chain across the 6.8 hectare (17 acre) site.
Scope of works
- Excavation and installation of the largest attenuation tank constructed in the north west at the time the works were being undertaken (in excess of 1,000m3 of attenuation).
- Over 375 vehicle parking spaces and associated roadway exceeding 16,000 sq ft.
- Ground remediation and improvement to over 6,000 sq ft for the parking of production trailers and catering facilities during filming.
- Large number of RC ancillary concrete structures and retaining walls installed
- Concreting of all external slabs, footpaths and entrances to all buildings.
- Retrospective installation of PCC, drainage and ducting items to existing car-park areas.